Thursday, September 6, 2012

Recipe Thursday

Thursday is recipe day :)

Kevin & I have been on a health kick lately. Broccoli, spinach, kefir, you name it.

Some nights we don't feel like being healthy. Pizza, nachos, wings, you name it.

But a funny thing happens when you decide to eat healthier... all of a sudden the wings feel like a brick in your gut, so it seems much less appealing. This week, I decided I could cook our cheat meal instead to cut some of the grease factor in hopes of not feeling ill after treating ourselves.

Here is what I made!


Baked sweet and sour chicken with fried rice. Kevin and I are huge chinese food fans, but since moving from Ottawa, we have been cursed by bad chinese food at every turn. This recipe was so good, it's actually the best chinese food we've had since Ottawa. Super sweet gooey yummy chicken, and salty oily rice! It was still a rather heavy meal, be fair warned!



No comments:

Post a Comment